These gourmet pancakes are nutty and sweet –they don’t even need syrup! I love to serve these to guests and then tell them they’re eating whole wheat pancakes. Seriously…can you believe this is food storage?!
Yield: about 21 pancakes
- 2 cups soft white wheat FLOUR, (I grind about 1 ½ cups of wheat)
- 1 cup hard white wheat FLOUR (I grind about 1 cup of wheat)
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- 3 Tablespoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons egg powder or use beans!**
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine flours, milk powder, baking powder, salt and egg powder.**
- Add honey, pumpkin and 2 cups water.
- Mix until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add a little more water (think slightly thicker than cake batter!)
- Heat griddle to 300 degrees. Pour out 1/4 cup at a time, adding pecans and chocolate chips, as desired.
- When the top starts to look bubbly, flip pancakes over to cook the other side.
- Serve with powdered sugar on top.
© 2011, Real Women Store Grub. All rights reserved. Content may be shared or reposted as long as credit and link to original post are provided.